Saturday, August 27, 2011

Feels Like Home to Me

If you haven't been keeping track, I'll fill you in on a little secret...
Tomorrow at 9:55 am I will be flying around the world.
BUMMER.
I feel so normal here. How am I supposed to get used to western culture?! Fork? What's that? Oh dear...
Everything is ending and it makes me SO sad. 
On Thursday we had our closing ceremony and each class performed a skit that they wrote themselves.
taking their bows! :)
Not to be biased or anything, but I think my class's skit was the best! 
They worked so hard and had everything memorized in less than a week...makes a teacher proud!
I have been continually amazed by my class throughout all of the summer camp.
 We are obviously the best looking group as well. 
I knew that I was going to have advanced students, but they are just sheepin' awesome! They listened to me ramble, they followed my train of thought when even I couldn't follow it, they participated like champs and they had some really great authentic practice in English. 
We like to jazz up certificate distribution 'round these parts.
Could I ask for anything more?! 
Answer: No, I couldn't.
Korean food after the closing ceremony! I miss them already.
On to more touristy business... Yesterday I rode in a gondola through the mountains.
No big deal.
They're called the Maokong Gondolas and we had to ride for around 20 minutes to get to the top.
It was 
SO
GORGEOUS.
I feel like God really outdid Himself when He made Taiwan. 
It's so beautiful.
Unfortunately, the night before my camera jumped for dead from my hands on to the floor (may it rest in pieces), so I had to use other people for their cameras, and I don't have many pictures. (don't worry though, I bought a new camera at the electronics market for only 2500nt ($85)!)
Yesterday night I went to KTV.
KTV is karaoke, but it's totally different than American karaoke because you rent a room that has a karaoke machine and a big couch and rock out with your friends. Oh, and there's a buffet all night long. 
So legit. 
I'm going back tonight :) (to a different place, of course.)
The next 24 hours are going to be crazy. I'm sure of it.
Apparently, there's a typhoon that's projected to hit all of Taiwan tonight-morning. I really really really hope that it won't because that would mean that our plane could be delayed. We already have a two hour layover in Tokyo, and I'd rather get back to MSP on-time...
Well, I keep falling asleep at my computer, so I suppose I should probably gooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiio (<-- there's a perfect example of sleep-typing. It's very dangerous.) 
Please pray for me, for the weather and for everyone to have safe travels!
With Love from Taiwan,
Lauren.
pi jiu ma? The Taiwan Beer Brewery was quite the happenin' place!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren! I can't believe we're home already! I don't know how to feel or, more importantly, what to eat here in mei guo! HELP!

    ReplyDelete